The information we need and how we use it
When you order with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address and credit and debit card details. A contact telephone number may also be required so that we may contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order. All this is necessary to process your request or notify you of acceptance of your order.
Safety and security of your information
Our site uses secure server software to protect your information whenever you place an order or access your account information. This software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us to minimise the risk of this being intercepted before it is received by us. We also follow a tight security procedure as required under UK Data Protection Legislation (the Data Protection Act 1998) to protect the information that we store about you from unauthorised access.
We will not sell, rent, exchange or give your email address with anyone for the purpose of sending you marketing emails.
We do not disclose your contact information to any third parties other than for order processing, delivery and customer service or feedback purposes.
We are totally committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
Cookies are used on this shopping site to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart. They are also used after you have logged on as part of that process.
Data collected by this website is used to:
· Take and fulfil customer orders
· Administer and enhance the site and service
We may send you follow-up emails from time to time, however you may opt out of receiving such emails by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any such email.
Contacting us by telephone
For the purposes of staff training and to ensure we offer excellent customer service calls to us may be recorded and monitored.
At Sky Imports Ltd we protect your privacy in 4 ways:
- Access to Customer account information is limited to those who need access for the performance of their job.
- We use full login and password controls on our sales control system.
- All full and part-time employees are required to sign a confidentiality clause as part of their terms of employment with the company.
- Confidentiality and database access controls are reviewed periodically and updated as required to further protect your personal data.
Use of ‘cookies’
Our cookies do not contain any personal information about you and are used only to determine your browser and user preferences for our site. This helps us to provide you with the service that you desire and to enhance your browsing experience. However, if you prefer, you can set your browser software to not accept cookies. You should still be able to use our site without cookies enabled.
• basic site functions
• ensuring secure, safe transactions
• secure account login
• remembering account, browser, and regional preferences
• remembering privacy and security settings
• analysing site traffic and usage
• personalised search, content, and recommendations
• helping sellers understand their audience
• showing relevant, targeted ads on and off our website
Required Cookies & Technologies
Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions.
Cookies and similar technologies are used to improve your experience, to do things like:
• remember your login, general, and regional preferences
• personalise content, search, recommendations, and offers
Without these technologies, things like personalised recommendations, your account preferences, or localisation may not work correctly. Find out more in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy.
These technologies are used for things like:
• personalised ads
• to limit how many times you see an ad
• to understand usage via Google Analytics
• to understand how you got to Sky Import LTD
• to ensure that we understand our audience and can provide relevant ads
We do this with social media, marketing, and analytics partners (who may have their own information they’ve collected). Saying no will not stop you from seeing ads, but it may make them less relevant or more repetitive. Find out more in our Cookies & Similar Technologies
If for any reason, you are unsure about the personal and account information we are holding in your name, please contact our customer service team. They will happily review your file and update the records if required. You can contact our customer service team by email, phone or fax. If you do not wish to receive any further emails from us please email us but please remember that if you unsubscribe we will not be able to send you special email offers and sale details before anyone else. If you have previously unsubscribed from Sky Imports Ltd email list but would now like to receive emails again, please email us.